Finding Your Email Subscriptions on RootsWeb Mailing Lists For Admins
We have upgraded the software that runs RootsWeb Mailing Lists to Mailman 3.0. The interface is different than what you are used to, but it is more secure and we hope you will enjoy using it.
We removed all the existing passwords when we updated the system, but not the email addresses. Some of you may never have had a password, but you will find the system easier to use if you set one.
Start at https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com and you will see this screen. If this is your first time here since the upgrade you will need to sign up. Don’t worry, if you were subscribed to a lot of lists, we know about them, we just need you to create a password.
- You will see the Sign Up screen. Even if you had a login and password on the old system, you need to sign up here. Don’t use the same password. Don’t use your Ancestry password or your bank password. You know the rules: Be safe!!!
- After you sign up, you will receive an email. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder. It will look like:
- Once you click on the link, you will be taken to a page that asks you to confirm. Click the confirm button. The next screen will be a sign in screen. Click on Sign In.
- You will now be back on the main list. Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Mailman settings.
- You will now see all the lists you’ve subscribed to. Investigate the different preferences to set up how you receive email. On lists you “own” or “admin” you will see subscriber + owner.
- Click on the name of the list you own. You will see multiple operations in the header.
From here you can manage your list. You will be able to ban email address if they are spamming you, approve held messages, view your members, set a new owner or moderator and a variety of other functions.
Be careful in changing the settings on your list. Don’t delete the list – there is no undo.